1.8K views
Featured

Horrible support from Jeld Wen

Spent thousands of dollars of doors. 2 1/2 years later, the hinges are covered with rust. I don't live near water (I'm in downtown Orlando).

When I called Jeld Wen, they said they don't cover the hinges. I asked if their hinges normally last on a few years. The Jeld Wen rep said that's not usual, but they won't cover the rusted hinges. I will have to pay someone to come out, remove the door, install new hinges (that I bought) and re-hang the door.

I thought Jeld Wen was a good company. I was wrong. Stay very far away from this company.

Product or Service Mentioned: Jeld Wen Door.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: replace the hinges with ones that won't rust after 3 years. Stand behind your product..

Jeld Wen Cons: Warranty, Lack of care or concern for customer new business.

Location: Winter Park, Florida

Jeld Wen - Company does not stand behind their product. Warranty is a joke
Explore video interviews

Comments

Wow the incompetence of consumers is very funny. "I don't live near water (I'm in downtown Orlando)" You live in a tropical paradise that has humid,salt air and a lot of rain and you have an outs-wing door.

It does not matter what hinges you have they will always rust when exposed to the outdoor elements. Stainless steel is your best option but it will to rust.

Read Jeld-Wen warranty and any other supplier you will see they do not warranty hinges,period. I have 40 years of door shop operations and door industry service.

#1923364
@PissedConsumer1749872

What a terrible comment. You sure wouldn't be hired by me for any work

How on earth did you spend $350 on hinges? There is no need to remove a door to replace the hinges.

Simply remove the screws and replace one hinge at a time.

shouldn't take you. more than 10 or 15 minutes to replace them all.

I purchased exterior doors from this company and the hinges were rusted after 4 months. I was told by the manufacturer to apply wax to prevent the rust.

I would not recommend Jeldwin as the hinges rust and the door is beginning to delaminate. They also told me that if a defect existed I had 15 days to report.

I purchased the exterior french doors from Loew's. The person at the millwork desk was visibly upset with the response from Jeldwin.

Jeld Wen Reviews