700 W Main St, Ringtown, PA 17967, USA

I bought a door with an oval panel and side lights from a big box store less than 2 years ago.During the 1st year I became aware that the panel began separating.

I contacted Lowe's and Jeldwen. I was advised by Jeldwen that the door was accumulating heat from the full screen door. At their recommendation, I bought a security door that would allow for ventilation. Jeldwen replaced the door.

Unfortunately, this past March, 2017, the panel began separating. I wrote their company and was told that I should have an awning and should have received some literature about purchasing one. Had I been told I needed an awning at the time of purchase or the time the door was replaced, I would have made the decision to select another style of door. However, I only got that information when I had a problem with the panel a second time.

Unfortunately, this company refuses to stand behind their shoddy workmanship. In response to my complaint their attorney had the audacity to assert that I am responsible for the environmental damage i.e. the sun damaging their door. I was told that the only thing they will do is to replace the panel and it will be up to me to have it replaced.

My request was to have the door replaced for one without the glass panel since replacing the panel every year isn't something I plan on doing. Furthermore, I relied on the advice of their employees to replace the security door with one that has ventilation. Their solution is temporary. I think selecting another style is more economical.

Jeldwen representatives maintain that the door is not within their one year warranty and come across as if I should be grateful that they are replacing the panel. In disbelief, I am so disturbed and feel so cheated. i truly believed that the Jeldwen employees had told me the truth that another screen door would resolve the issue. I certainly didn't expect to have to spend nearly 2000 on a door that is falling apart after less than two years.

It is shocking that this company does not stand behind its merchandise. I suspect there are a lot of people who have been treated poorly by this company and made to feel they've done something wrong.

I'm not a door expert.I just want Jeldwen to do the right thing and replace this door with something that won't get warped by the sun.

Review about: Jeld Wen Door.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Replace the door with one without a panel.

I didn't like: Dishonesty of technician, Failure to fix their mistake in a timely fashion, Quality of door.

Had an Experience with Jeld Wen?

Comments