390 views
2.0

After a longggg wait, door arrived damaged. Since I confirmed it was at local store, I employed contractor to tear out existing door on that day but we could not install a damaged door.

Asked Jeld wen if I could send pics and keep door for install due to security and warmth issues and that I was leaving for Xmas. Jeldwen, who took several weeks to fill order, refuses to allow me to retain worthless door for security until my new one comes in SEVERAL more weeks. They will not loan me the door, nor will they expedite new order.

I'm a senior and now cannot get a contractor, cannot order another brand door and pay for it too, and cannot proceed with my remodel because of permit issues caused by lack of an exterior door. I am losing money and sleep.

JELD-WEN is a massive production machine with no heart for their customers or their own employees based on reviews. Home Depot employees have no motivation or power to intervene even tho they sell the doors.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: I have 48 hours to get approval to retain damaged door while replacement is built.

Jeld Wen Pros: Price.

Jeld Wen Cons: Delays, Non existent customer service, Lack of care or concern for customer new business.

Comments

Lesson learned....NEVER tear out of doors/windows until you know, for sure that the new product is in good working condition and is onsite. I tell ALL my customers not to schedule contractors until material arrives and is inspected.

Jeld Wen Reviews