Let me begin by noting that I am a contractor.

I placed 2 separate Special Orders for Jeld Wen doors through Lowes, one on 6/27/18, PO#77842255 - 6 Princeton bi-fold doors, the other on 7/9/18, PO# 77842518 - 1 Princeton prehung door.

I was notified that the doors had arrived on approximately 7/25/18 and made arrangements with my customer to install on 7/27/18. I arrived at Lowes to pickup the doors the morning of 7/27/18, upon inspection of the doors it was noted that BOTH ORDERS (7 Doors) were the wrong style door. We checked the receipts, the printed orders and the orders in Lowes system, ALL CLEARLY STATED "PRINCETON" as the door ordered. The doors received were "Caimen".

Lowes immediately reordered the doors that were correctly ordered the first time, PO#79443356 6 Princeton bi-folds and PO#79443355 1 Princeton prehung. I contacted Lowes corporate offices that afternoon, after notifying my customer and sending my employees home, to see if this order could be rushed as Jeld Wen had made a mistake, I was told that it was up to Jeld Wen as they have no control over the production, but they would contact and see what could be done.

I contacted Jeld Wen on 8/8/18 to check on delivery of doors and was told they would arrive by 8/17/18, good news or so I thought.

So its now 8/20/18, the 1 prehung unit arrived on 8/15/18 and now I am being told that my bi-folds will not arrive until 8/28/18. I have contacted Jeld Wen and unfortunately their attitude seems to be "Sorry, but their is really not much we can do to fix this."

Jeld Wen THERE IS SOMETHING YOU CAN DO!!

Make sure you get the CUSTOMER (that's me) order correct to begin with, something you failed to do.

If by chance you do make a mistake make sure you do everything you can to expedite a corrected solution in a timely manner, another thing you failed to do.

Finally, at least make the customer feel that you are working to correct the mistake you made in the first place, something else you have failed to do.

Keep in mind you are not the only door company around. One thing I have learned over the years, the majority of people out there know very little about the products available for them when building or renovating their home and they are looking to me to suggest what the best product is for them. My customers will purchase what I recommend and will listen when I explain to them why as well as why not to buy a certain brand product.

Product or Service Mentioned: Jeld Wen Door.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Non existent customer service, Lack of care or concern for customer new business, Service.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Aug 20.

Comments