1.3
Additional Fees
Style and Design

We ordered an octagon window from Jeldwen. My husband installed it (who knows how to install windows and has done this before).

Everything went great until 1 week later when we walked in and the glass was shattered. Apparently the sun had heated the window to the point of shattering. It's a south facing window, but windows should not shatter from sun, unless it is cheap materials apparently. I called the company who said they would send someone to replace it.

Who says it will not break again?... we will see. We schedule the appointment for a month later, because I suppose they can't rush it and it's okay for us to have a broken window during end of October and November in Wisconsin (cold). The appointment was for 7am to 9am on a Thursday and my husband had to take off work because I was unable to be here.

The technician calls at 8am to say, "Didn't Jeldwen call you? I told them to call earlier this week. The glass isn't in the warehouse and we have to reschedule." I was understanding but at this point, not so much. My husband took off and they didn't even call to tell us they weren't coming until half way through this time they were suppose to be repairing.

Do you think we'd get any kind of reimbursement or show of apology?...

no, no money back, not even a freaking coupon. Not happy.

Product or Service Mentioned: Jeld Wen Window.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Nov 01.

Comments