Jeld Wen - Slider door with pet door

I recently purchased and installed a slider door that has a pet door in it, and I am very displeased with the pet door.The pet door flap does not withstand wind, rain, or snow.

The slightest breeze pushes the flap open and lets in all the air. I have a brand new floor, that when it rains, the water comes in through the flap, and I am afraid that it is going to ruin my new floor. The magnet on the flap does not connect to the bottom of the entrance way, and is not strong enough to stay closed (look at the picture and you can see there is a gap between the flap and the bottom of the entrance). The slightest breeze pushes the door open.

I have had 3 mice in my house since we installed the door. For the past 20 years that I have lived in this house, I have had a cheap pet door, and I have never had a problem with wind blowing the door open, rain coming in, or mice helping themselves in.

I spent a lot of money on this door and I am very unsatisfied.How do we solve this problem?

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Sliding Door
Review category
Building Products
review #568995 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Jeld Wen? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.