I recently purchased and installed a slider door that has a pet door in it, and I am very displeased with the pet door.The pet door flap does not withstand wind, rain, or snow.
The slightest breeze pushes the flap open and lets in all the air. I have a brand new floor, that when it rains, the water comes in through the flap, and I am afraid that it is going to ruin my new floor. The magnet on the flap does not connect to the bottom of the entrance way, and is not strong enough to stay closed (look at the picture and you can see there is a gap between the flap and the bottom of the entrance). The slightest breeze pushes the door open.
I have had 3 mice in my house since we installed the door. For the past 20 years that I have lived in this house, I have had a cheap pet door, and I have never had a problem with wind blowing the door open, rain coming in, or mice helping themselves in.
I spent a lot of money on this door and I am very unsatisfied.How do we solve this problem?
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Sliding Door
- Review category
- Building Products
You May Also Like
- " Here is a descriptive account of the time-line: • 898.32 square feet of VM HS Solid Golden Teak ¾ x 4-3/4"SKU: 10006652/VMGT5/2009 Flooring and Eco Silent Sound HD Underlayment were purchased from..."
- "Have a new house built in 2010 with 40 Marvin casement style, metal clad, wood windows with retractable screens; 4 metal clad wood sliding doors with low profile sills; and..."
- "I sent Pella Corporation a Very Serious Letter of complaint by email back on Tuesday, August 23, 2016 because I had bought one of their Glass Screen Doors and was..."
- "I selected an item from a rack marked 40% or more off original price. The original price on the item was $39.99. The sale price was marked $29.97...."
- "2016 fleetwood jamboree sport 26 foot. Was to be my retirement home. Purchased march 31st 2016. To date Sept 4 3016 have been nowhere. Lots of small issues initially then..."
- "Ordered Premium Fashionista blooms, over $100 paid. Sent to a friend who was sick in hospital. The flowers were a joke, there were 6 roses, a couple of green stuff,..."
- "Your store in NJ did honor the $ 300.00 gift card which was given to me from Chicago store for purchasing the $ 6000 worth of furniture last year and..."
- "Purchased a Super Start Powersport battery from Oreilly Auto and got ripped by Oreilly's. When I first 'unwrapped' the battery when I got home, the battery case was a very tight..."
- "I bought a bag for my daughter to take for her Karate uniform. She used the bag a time and a half, as after 3 times zipping up the zipper,..."