1.4K views

After starting repairs from Hurricane Florence, my husband pressure washed the house. When pressure washing around the back doors, the water went right through the bottom of the door frame (no, we do not flood).

He inspected closer and found that the entire bottom of the doors on each side were rotten, so was everything below the doors. They obviously had been leaking since being installed. They leaked through the seal on the doors. Not much of a seal!!!

Now, we have to tear out and replace the doors the tile, hardy backer, sub-floor, seal plate, and one floor joist. It is a NIGHTMARE. The house has to be jacked up to remove the rotting wood and replace it. I have gotten no help from Jeld-Wen.

They keep wanting the original receipt but I'm sure it has faded to being unusable. I would NEVER buy anything from them. The customer service sucks. They never respond to emails and when you call, you are on hold forever.

Buyer beware--stay away from anything form Jeld-Wen. (Purchased from Lowe's 12/24/2011).

Product or Service Mentioned: Jeld Wen French Door.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Refund for the doors but I will have to eat the cost of related repairs.

Jeld Wen Cons: Warranty, Terrible customer service.

Location: 3910 S Interstate 35, Austin, TX 78704